May 10 - 12, 2019 Training Weekend
AC100 is presenting the 2nd annual overnight training weekend from May 10 - 12, 2019 at a cost of $139. The camp will be held at Camp Angeles Crest, located steps from the AC100 course near Mt. Hilyer. The cost will include:
- Three Runs, Two Nights Accommodations, hot showers, and 6 meals provided
- Coincides with regularly scheduled training runs on May 11-12 from Islip to Shortcut and Shortcut to Chantry
- Bonus Friday shakeout run from camp through Horse Flats
- Saturday Night Veterans Panel with course beta, race book discussion, and veterans Q&A
- Sunday BBQ provided at Chantry Flat finish
- Ample time to focus on training and recovery, talk to race veterans, enjoy the wilderness, and connect with the course
- Limited to first 50 runners to sign up
Some impressions of last year's training weekend.
AC100 co-RD of 29 years, Hal Winton, passed away May 24, 2017 at the Torrance Memorial Medical Center. His family was at his side. He'll be deeply missed.
2011 AC100: Runners on Mt Baden Powell at 9300 ft elevation
1988: The Original First Five 100 Milers Compared in UltraRunning Magazine